Monday, November 21, 2011

Edible Hand Turkeys


To make these edible hand turkeys, I began by popping some corn on the stove.  


I filled the fingers of food safe gloves with candy corn, chocolate candies, and the popcorn (wait until it cools) to resemble feathers.


I stuck a candy eye, a candy corn beak, and a squished piece of red candy (Swedish fish or Twizzlers work well) snood on the thumb with a little icing.  Then I fastened the bottom with a bread tie.  Easy edible hand "print" turkeys!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Do you like that popcorn popper? I hate the stuff in the microwave but don't like how mine turns out in a regular pot that much!

Christy Killoran said...

Lindsay, I have been using it for years now and still love it. It's a Whirley Pop.

Ticia said...

I've got one that's not stove-top that I love and use ALL the time. So much better than microwave!

What a fun project.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I still have my air popper from the '80s :) Love the turkeys - now I have to go get some food safe gloves, and I'm all set!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so very neat - they almost look real!

Debbie said...

These are so cute!

Rebecca said...

You did such a good job making the little faces!

Sherri said...

I like those better than the monster hands at halloween...creative!

Susana said...

This is so cute! You are always so creative, Christy.