Friday, November 25, 2011

Gingerbread Man Sandwich

After Thanksgiving, we typically kick off the Christmas season with a gingerbread theme.  We always decorate a gingerbread house, and in the past we have also made paper bag gingerbread houses, gingerbread play dough, life size gingerbread boy and girl decorationsgingerbread ornaments, and lots of delicious gingerbread treats in addition to reading quite a few gingerbread themed books.

This year, I decided to begin the gingerbread theme with a special sandwich.  I made sandwiches (peanut butter for C, and peanut butter and jelly for R) on wheat bread, and then used a gingerbread boy cookie cutter to cut them out.  I decorated the sandwiches with white icing, and added candy eyes, and sprinkle noses, and mouths.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I will have to make one of these for Sammy!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I like it! I'll be keeping this one in mind for when we make our gingerbread house :)

Sherri said...

Hooray for Christmas....I'm ready!

Ticia said...

I should give this a try. I actually have the cookie cutter. I've made men sandwiches, but never actually decorated them......

Debbie said...

These look so cute and yummy!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Nice start for the season!

Susana said...

This is adorable and such a great idea! I hope I remember it here--oh, I'll pin it!! Thank you!