Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Photos

Captain America, a Cowgirl, and a Cupcake


I have to wear this and I don't even get candy.

Papa Zombie

Grandma Witch



We had a great Halloween.  The weather was decent, C moved from house to house with lightning speed, R persevered in cowgirl boots, and K joined us for a little neighborhood trick or treating.  Meanwhile, T stayed home and handed out over 500 pieces of candy!  

Speaking of candy. C and R brought home quite a bit.  Every year, we end up trashing a lot of it.  What do you do with all of that candy?  I am hoping to save some for gingerbread houses and maybe a science experiment!

Time to start thinking about Thanksgiving now!!!  I can't believe it's November.

10 comments:

Brimful Curiosities said...

My jaw is still on the floor after reading how much candy you handed out! We're lucky if we parted with 50 pieces and that's 2 per kid!

Your kids look great in their costumes (as do the adults)! Fun!

Ticia said...

Our area has several places that buy candy to send to the soldiers. You might see if your area does too, it's called something like "Operation Buy back"

Love that last picture!

Anonymous said...

I also save some for our advent calendar where you open a door and there is a piece of candy inside! Also stockings! I pick out some of Sammy's favorite candies and save those to put in his stocking at Christmas!

Karen Wilson said...

My school collects candy after Halloween to donate to the kids at the Center for Youth in Rochester. Maybe there is an organization in your area that would like donations of candy.

Jenny said...

So cute! We had decent weather too and Abby had a great time trick or treating!

Grandma and Grandpa look really into Halloween! How fun.

Amy said...

Adorable costumes! One of our local dentists pays the kids ($2 per pound) for their candy so my kids usually trade their candy in for the money and then buy a toy they want instead.

Susana said...

Love the kids' costumes, Christy! Cute caption under K's picture too.

The grandparents costumes are awesome!!

Hey, you look GREAT, by the way!!!!

I can't believe it's already November either. I say this every year, but this is truly the fastest passing year I can ever remember, bittersweet.

Looking forward to seeing some candy experiments!

Kelly said...

It looks like you guys had a fun night. I like your idea of saving some for the gingerbread houses.
Little Wonders' Days

Sherri said...

Everyone looks awesome!
I love that the Grandparents dressed up too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great pictures! We also gave out easily 500 candy pieces - our neighborhood goes wild for Halloween.