Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nine Weeks and One Day


I waited to post the nine weeks update until today because K had her two month well visit this morning.  Her exam was perfect - no concerns, and the pediatrician was impressed with her head control and her reflexes.  K is 24 3/4 inches long (she grew two inches in the last month!) and weighs 13 pounds, 3 1/2 ounces.  She had all of her vaccinations, and is a little sleepy today.  I always worry about vaccinations, but I also believe that they are very important!

K is starting to drool now.  It isn't too bad yet, but I wipe her chin with great regularity.  She is smiling and cooing even more.  My favorite moment over the last week happened yesterday when Daddy came home from work and K smiled and cooed at him for a few minutes; it was just so sweet.  She already has him wrapped around her tiny little finger!

9 comments:

MaryAnne said...

She is so cute!

Vaccinations are tough, but important. I agree with you that the risks are worth the benefits. Especially after living in a couple countries where they weren't readily available and seeing the results.

Sherri said...

These updates get me so excited about having a new little one around our house!

My last one...some how didn't get his vaccinations...probably procrastination from the momma. When I took him in at 2...they said he needed 7 shots...OUCH! It's much better when they are little and spread out a bit!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

She smiles with her eyes too - very sweet!

Debbie said...

I agree with Leah! She so cute and sweet.

Ticia said...

Glad she's still going strong! She's such a cutie!

Jenny said...

She's so cute! How adorable that she's cooing and "talking" already.

I agree about the shots, it stinks that they have to get them, but is much better than the alternative!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love her picture! I am with you on shots - better be safe than sorry.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! I love when you get a good report at the doctors! Sounds like she is growing a ton!

Susana said...

Her hair is the best, Christy! And, her cheeks are so chubby and cute with her little chin. Her chin reminds me so much of my Jack's.