Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Turkeys!!!


I made C and R an apple turkey for their after school snack yesterday.  To make the feathers, I put grapes, Craisins, and Cheerios on toothpicks that I had stuck into the apple.  For the head, I stuck a marshmallow on a toothpick and used icing to attach candy eyes, a piece of a candy corn for the beak, and a Craisin for the waddle.




While they ate, I read A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman.  The people of Squawk Valley need a turkey for their Thanksgiving feast, and they decide to advertise for a "model" turkey to pose during a turkey themed arts and crafts fair.  They hope to trick a real turkey into showing up and then becoming the main course!  The turkey that shows up outsmarts everyone in the end!

Later in the day, C and R drew their own turkeys using the crayon/marker resist technique from Pink and Green Mama.

Drawn by C

Drawn by R

9 comments:

Sherri said...

I love love love their turkey drawings...very creative and colorful! your snack is adorable!

Ticia said...

Wow! C's is very pretty and a great way to show off that technique!

I think R and Princess would get along great, their drawing styles are very similar.

MaryAnne said...

I love your snack! And their drawings are spectacular.

Jenny said...

Those turkey drawings are so awesome and the snack is funny!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those really are fantastic drawings!

Debbie said...

I love their drawings. That snack you made looks very delicious.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love both drawings - the level of detail is amazing. R's turkey is very girly :)

Anonymous said...

Cute and looks tasty!

Susana said...

I love their pictures and the fruit turkeys were a great idea. Nice for a change vs. all the sweets, you know...

That is such a fun book.