Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books Before Bed

My friend Shannon posted pictures of her girls' bookshelves this week.  I thought this was a fun way to share what we are reading this week so I decided to post mine too.  My photos are a bit different than the bookshelf photos.  Lately, I have been setting a few books out on C's and R's beds and letting them choose a few every night before bed.  I took pictures of how I set them up.
 I usually read three books to R before bed.




(I am currently reading James and the Giant Peach to C.  We read one chapter of that book every night and we also read one or two other books.  He also reads to me every night.)

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I LOVE your Setup!!!! :)

how did you like the Cuckoo book? we love the Lemon book!

I'm going to check our library for the Emily and Daisy book!

My oldest loved Skippyjon Jones books in Kindergarten! how is James and the Giant Peach going? are you going to watch the movie once your done with the book?

Jennifer said...

Like the setup!

I read three books each night to the girls too. We also read at naptime/quiet time. It's a great way for all of us to settle down. I'll have to check for the Emily and Daisy book!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We are reading some of the same books :) Anna loved Lemons are Red and Cuckoo Can't Find You.

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Fun! I love to see what other kids are reading.

We bought Wink at a warehouse sale this fall and it's a big hit with both kids. :)

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

James and the Giant Peach is a great book -- one of my personal all-time favorites!

Julie said...

How is C enjoying James and the Giant Peach? I was thinking about reading that one to my C when we finish Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but read there might be some scary parts. Let me know how he likes it.

Susana said...

OK, please don't give me anymore ideas that I can't actually carry out each day, but feel pressured to because they are so unbelievably sweet like setting books up on their beds each day for them to choose!

What a sweet, fun thing to do. I love it!

I also like these book titles and haven't read most of them, but will see if we can!

Annette W. said...

Wow. Wow. You must spend a long time saying goodnight reading all those books!

We read a page in our Bible followed by one book.

Cindy said...

I kinda do the same thing. I don't set the books up but I lay a few on the bed for D to choose from. Normally our bookshelf is pretty overwhelming. Going to look for a few of these titles. They sound cute!