Monday, January 4, 2010

Our New Couch


We recently ordered a Foamiture couch for our playroom.  We were looking for something that was not too expensive and would stand up to the typical abuse of playroom activity.  My husband discovered Foamiture.  The couch came in the box in the above photo.


This is the what I took out of the box!  A shrink wrapped couch!  The directions told me to remove the wrapping and then let the couch sit undisturbed for 24 hours. 


Here it is just a few minutes after I removed the packaging.  I could not believe how fast it turned into a normal sized couch.


Twenty-four hours later, R performed the jump test (yes, she is jumping with a clothes hanger in her hand; I have no idea why I allowed this to go on) and the couch passed with flying colors.  You can see that the couch opens into a bed.  So far, we think it is pretty cool furniture!

We have not been compensated in any way for this review.  I have never seen anything like this before, and I thought it was kind of cool so I decided to post it here.

11 comments:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

That is amazing! I've never seen anything like that! So cool!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

love hte hanger comment! once i took a picture and i was like oh man i can't show that your standing on our breakfast bar :)

that couch is AWESOME!!! I love it I'll have to remember it if we are looking for some fun furniture for the playroom (aka: Gidget's room)

Rebecca said...

Ive never heard of this- cool!

Laine said...

That is really cool!!! wow! What fun furniture!
btw my kids randomly jump AND run with clothes hangers, fortunatly they are also plastic and not the wire kind- phew!

Sherry said...

Too cool! I have never heard if this either!!! Very neat! I also love the hanger comment .. too funny!

Ticia said...

That is totally cool! I can't wait to hear after an extended review.

Annette W. said...

I just think it's funny! We need a pullout for our toy room. When we have overnight company, we often have 5 adults and 1 child here! We do, thankfully, have a spare room for now, but in a few more years that is likely to be a bedroom.

Susana said...

This post is hilarious:-), and I LOVE this piece of furniture. I can't wait to show this to Jamie.

Y'all get the coolest stuff!!

Jenny said...

That is really neat!

Lynn said...

What a cool idea - perfect for a playroom!

Karen Wilson said...

Is it comfortable? Is the pull-out couch feature for M and I to visit? :)