Sunday, January 24, 2010

Camping in the Living Room

C and R have been asking to have a camp out in the living room for a few weeks now and we finally did it last night.   This was our first camp out in our new home so I had to post some pictures.


We enjoyed some s'mores. 

T recently got braces so s'mores are probably not a good idea for him, but I hated to exclude him from the fun so I made him one or two.  No damage done.  Phew!


After our special treat, C, R, and I snuggled up in sleeping bags and watched An American Tale 2, Fievel Goes West.  T watched a few minutes and then decided he had things to do.  I thought the movie was funny and cute, and it ties in nicely to our Texas studies. 

This is a picture of C and R laughing really hard at one part of the movie.  They didn't even notice me taking the picture.

It was a fun night and hopefully the first of many living room camp outs in our new home.  (When is it no longer our "new" home?)

11 comments:

danita said...

that's so cute! my guys like to have sleepovers in each other's rooms, but it usually devolves into fighting and tears :(

Annette W. said...

Hey, that was a picture of you! I'm glad you posted it.

What a fun idea!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

Great pictures and Great Fun!!! I love Fievel movies (my girls don't)!


Loved seing a picture of you!

Ticia said...

Oh my T's face!

Unknown said...

Its moments like this that your kids will forever remember.

Susana said...

ALL of you look so cute in these pictures!

I'm glad you had a fun night and hope you have many more!!

Mama King said...

How fun!

Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. We love Fievel goes West. And we love indoor campouts. And we love smores. Well everybody does but me. I am usually the smore maker. Not the smore eater.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Mark and I used to have indoor camp outs before we even had kids! Then again, we never really grew up. They are so much fun! I bet the kiddos had a blast doing this!

Sherry said...

I just really love this idea, gonna do it w Lu soooon!

April said...

That was probably in my top 5 favorite movies when I was little. Oh my goodness, I want to go rent it right now!!!!!