Friday, January 22, 2010

Penguins Playing in the Snow

We have created so many snowmen over the last few weeks that we had to move on to something different.  I thought penguins would be fun, and C has been learning about penguins in school so they seemed like the perfect craft subject.

C and R made snowy backgrounds by painting bubble wrap with white paint and then pressing the bubble wrap down onto the paper.

Once the paint dried, they made penguins out of hearts and sent them out to play in the snow!


For directions on how to make your own heart shaped penguins click here.
To get that messy hair, wake up and begin crafting immediately.

12 comments:

danita said...

too funny!

Annette W. said...

Clever snow!!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I love the bubblewrap paint idea!

Unknown said...

Great craft! I LOVE the snow!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

i LOVE penquins! they are soo cute! those turned out great and painting bubble wrap is so much fun!

Julie said...

Cute penguins! I like the bubble wrap snow too!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh my goodness, those are awesome!! We MUST be on the same wavelength... you know what they say about great minds! ;-)

PS: Love R's hair... too cute!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love it - they turned out so great!

Ticia said...

love the messy hair, we have lots of that here. Oh heck, I love the craft too, and think we might need some bubble wrap snow when we learn about penguins.

Rebecca said...

Oh how cute! Love the bubble wrap background! Its so creative.

Susana said...

Cute picture of R. I love the way you did the snow. We are doing penguins in a few weeks and I'd had this same "heart" penguin already picked out!!

LOVE it!

Elizabeth Lyng said...

What a cute idea! I think we will do this later today.