Tuesday, February 23, 2010

From Oranges to Orange Juice


When I think about Florida, I think about orange juice!  I found the book, From Oranges to Orange Juice by Kristin Thoennes Keller at the library.  After reading about how oranges find their way to the container of orange juice we buy each week, we made some of our own freshly squeezed orange juice.

This provided an opportunity for R to see how many oranges are required for just one cup of orange juice.
 

Most importantly, the juice was delicious!  We have to make freshly squeezed orange juice more often.

8 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow, R is working hard! I really want to read that book when we get to Florida :)

Gidget Girl Reading said...

YUMMY!!! nothing is better then fresh squeeze OJ!

she looks so cute juicing the oranges

Ticia said...

Oh, I bet that was a lot of oranges.

Deborah Stewart said...

Cute book! I love how you extended it into a real life experience. Well done!

Jen said...

Oh my girls would love to do this! They were experimenting with lemon juice, H2O, and orange juice and creating their own juice. They then wrote down their secret recipe!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

How fun! When I was a kid, I remember being amazed at how many oranges it takes to make a cup of orange juice. Fresh-squeezed orange juice always brings back great memories of visiting relatives in Argentina... Yum!!

Susana said...

Fresh squeezed OJ and lemonade are the best! We haven't done either in ages!!

What a fun idea. I LOVE that first picture of R. She looks like she is raising her hand.

I meant to tell you--thanks for keeping your Shelfari updated. I requested over a dozen books from the library using it last night.

Bran said...

We LOVE fresh squeezed oj. It's way better than the stuff that comes in the store. You should try tangerine juice sometime too, it's easier for little hands to juice and it's excellent.