Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Wolves

 

We have read a lot of wolf books.  Here is part two of our list:
  • Wolf! Wolf! by John Rocco
  • Wolves by Emily Gravett
  • Diego's Wolf Pup Rescue adapted by Christine Ricci
  • Wolf's Coming by Joe Kulka
  • Where's the Big Bad Wolf by Eileen Christelow
We enjoyed a lot of wolf play.


We learned quite a bit about wolves (we especially enjoyed listening to them howl) from National Geographic Kids and a Jeff Corwin dvd.

Wolf paw print cupcakes were a perfect treat.
Click here to read my first post about wolves.
I'm about to be cheesy so stop reading if you must, but we had a howling good time learning about wolves.

FYI:  The Little Red Riding Hood finger puppets are from Dollar Tree.  I think we bought them last summer.  The Three Little Pigs play set was purchased from a teacher supply store a few years ago; I have linked the play set to Amazon but it is currently unavailable there.  The idea for the wolf paw print cupcakes came from Gourmet Mom on the Go.

6 comments:

Alycia in Va. said...

we're doing "Bears" right now as our theme, but I'm so going to add wolves based on all the fun you guys are having. Love the food :)

Joe Kulka said...

Thanks for including my book in your wolf fest.
Hope C and R enjoyed it.

I have a dinosaur book coming out this autumn, so keep that in mind if you do a dinosaur theme.

Best wishes,
Joe Kulka
www.joekulka.com

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what great wolf books, playtime and love the cupcakes!!!

did i ever tell you have a wolf pawprint tatoo. :)

I love all your wolf activities!!! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Your wolf theme looks awesome. Those creatures are seriously misunderstood. You manage to combine books, play, crafts and food so very naturally. I wish I could do that.

Susana said...

This post is adorable. I love every single thing you've done this week with this theme.

The cupcakes turned out great!

Wait till you see what we've done this week--I'll give you a hint--nothing:-).

You had a super week!

Ticia said...

I love those playsets. I'm glad you added in that FYI, because otherwise I so would have been asking where you got them.
So many fun ideas!