Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet Hearts


We made some sweet hearts yesterday.  My inspiration for these was the Mickey Mouse marshmallow crispy treats from Disney World.  The ears are dipped in chocolate and they look so cute.  My children loved those treats when we were there.  To make these, I followed the directions on the Rice Krispies box to make Rice Krispies treats and then cut them with a heart shaped cookie cutter.  I melted chocolate following the directions on the package and then C and R added sprinkles and candy.  They look great and taste better!
Notice the chocolate on R's chin!
YUM!

7 comments:

danita said...

so cute! if i could get out of my house i'd run out and buy stuff to make that right now!

Jennifer said...

YUM!!!

I see a baking project on tap for this weekend!!

Thanks for the tip!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

those looks so YUMMY!!!! did you eat one too! please tell me you did!! I know I'd have to!!!

Amy said...

Those look so tasty! I see a baking project in our future!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I have a serious chocolate craving just looking at this :)

Jenny said...

YUM! I'm looking for a dessert to make this weekend and I like how simple this one is!

Susana said...

You got some awesome pictures of the kids!! They are so clear and "crisp" looking too. Your kids' have beautiful eyes.

OK, these treats look DELICIOUS! We usually decorate cookies for VDay, but we may have to do this instead. I'm going to let the kids pick. I have a feeling they'll choose this when they see these pictures:-).