Sunday, February 21, 2010

A New Ride for Disney World

C chose to learn about the state of Florida because he LOVES Disney World.  It is his favorite place in the world, and the one thing he really wanted to do as part of this project was to design a ride for the park. 

I scanned in his drawing.  C described the ride to me:  The ride is called "The Godzilla and King Kong Washout" and it is a water roller coaster.  On the left, you can see King Kong holding Ann Darrow, and when you go by him, he tries to take you out of the roller coaster!  Down in the valley is Godzilla.  He swings his tail at the roller coaster cars and sprays water out of his mouth.  The water has food coloring in it to look like fire.  At the very top is Godzilla's head; when you go by his head, water drips down on you.  The green army men shoot bullets, but they are not real. You get really, really wet on this ride because there is a huge splash at the end and there is very cold water too.

Yesterday, C found out that there are people who actually design Disney World rides for a living.  He is so excited about this and has added it to his list of future careers.  In case you were wondering, he also wants to be an illustrator, a movie director, and a Kindergarten teacher. 

8 comments:

Susana said...

I love this! I was smiling the whole time I read it.

Godzilla and the green army bullets are my favorite.

This SO made me miss Disney--this and Teach Mama's post.

Can't WAIT to go in November!! Tell C, Disney is our favorite place in the world too, hands down!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that ride looks like a blast! i'd ride it!:) my oldest loves king kong and godzilla!

Being us... said...

We are going to DW at the end of March! Tell C that I can't wait to try out his ride!!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Well, I'd say he qualifies for at least two of his future career aspirations - illustrator and ride designer. I want to go on his ride, and I admire his imagination!

Mama King said...

Fantastic! I think he has the creativity to do all or any of his dream jobs :-)

Jenny said...

That is so cool! He sure has an imagination!

Ticia said...

I'd totally ride this. I"m all about water rides.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

This. Is. Amazing!!!

C is brilliant.

I have decided.