Monday, March 1, 2010

A Cat in the Hat Party


We had a party to celebrate the birthday of Dr. Seuss.  Theodor Seuss Geisel was born on March 2, 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts.  Dr. Seuss is a favorite around here and we enjoy all of his books, but we started the celebration with a Cat in the Hat party.


C and R wore their red and white striped hats and enjoyed red and white hat treats.  The base of the treat is a vanilla wafer, and I alternated layers of vanilla frosting (on some I used slices of large marshmallows) and red gummy lifesavers.
 Stay tuned for more Seuss fun!

10 comments:

Susana said...

LOVE these pictures and that little treat is adorable!!

This was such a fun idea!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a great theme night :) i bet they had fun!! great pictures and the dessert looks yummy!

The Activity Mom said...

Those are SO cute! How fun. =)

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, adorable!!

Miller Moments said...

Oh my goodness! Love your hat cookies!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love your special treats - C and R are so lucky :)

Mama King said...

Adorable!

Jen said...

I love the little treats- what a great idea! Happy Birthday, Dr. Suess!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
http//raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

What a great treat! When I first saw the photos, I thought they were crackers with layers of tomato and fresh mozzarella cheese. Perhaps that would be the more grown-up version... Hee hee! :-)

Mandy said...

cute! thanks for the idea....we just made some today!