Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shamrock Cupcakes


I really wanted to make the Family Fun rainbow cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day, but R's birthday is this week and we already have leftover cake from one party and more cake to be eaten this weekend during our family party.  I had a few cupcakes in the freezer so I just took three out for my three children and gave them a little St. Patrick's day treat.  This is so quick and easy that I thought I would post the idea just in case you are looking for an easy, last minute treat for today.  I frosted the cupcakes and used three green m&m's to form a shamrock.  Then, I drew a tiny stem with green icing.  Easy enough!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

9 comments:

Susana said...

These are adorable! I am going to make Shamrock floats for us tonight, but that's the extent of our St. Patrick's Day creativity.

Can you believe we did not make one St. Patrick's Day related craft:-)? I can't!

Annette W. said...

We are not big St. Patty's day fans, but I have to tell you these are ADORABLE!

Hope Chella said...

These look delicious! If I wanted to be a devious elementary art teacher I could show my students this picture and they'd get all riled up! For the sake of my sanity and theres, I'll keep it a secret :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

looks super yummy!!! :) I bet the kids and adults loved them!!!

Ticia said...

I know what you mean about too much cake in the house. I finally threw out the last little bits of cake a few days ago.

Andrea said...

OOOh yummmm! These look adorable and delicious!!

Mama King said...

Adorable! I bet I know what the kids ate first. Those m&m's are begging to be plucked off.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

They look so very yummy. I like the idea to freeze cupcakes - maybe then I could bake a batch and have them on hand for special days.

Adriana said...

I LOVE your idea of freezing some cupcakes! We can never finish an entire batch but some days you just need a cupcake!