Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Those leprechauns are so tricky.  They got away again this year, but not before playing a few tricks on us.  Our toilet water was green, our pancake batter was green, and even our milk was green this morning.  We are happy to report, however, that our traps were considered worthy of some treasure: gold covered chocolate coins, green m&m's, and leprechaun lollipops were left for all three children.  Those leprechauns may be tricky, but at least they were kind enough to leave some treats.

9 comments:

Annette W. said...

I think the green toilet water is awesome.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How did you (eh, I mean leprechauns) make toilet paper green??? What a nice surprise for kids - they are so lucky :)

Ticia said...

So far my kids have been nonresponsive to the leprechaun tricks here, but they are excited about trying to catch leprechauns.
Now, how to be able to buy the treats and such without the kids seeing....

Anonymous said...

wow those pesky leprechauns were wild in your house! good think Kelly didn't scare them off :)

the treats they left look so yummy! :)

Michelle said...

I love it, I think we will have to start this tradition next year. We did have green pancakes!

I love the green toilet water how much fun is that :0)

Amy said...

My kids stick their shoes by the door, and the leprechans leave treats in their shoe. I found green foil wrapped resses cups (intended for Easter), and stuck those in there. Yummy!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

They are always making a mess of our house too! Tricky leprechauns!!

Renee said...

oh how fun! It sounds like your st. pattys day was extremly eventful! We dressed in green, and I told my kiddo that the lepracons left behind a little magic and let her watch me pour white milk into a clear glass where it turned green before her very eyes. Hehe. She loved it. :)

Susana said...

I missed this the other day. They left some sweet treats for the kids!

They didn't make a stop here this year:-).