Monday, March 8, 2010

Leprechaun Traps

Last year, after we read The Night Before St. Patrick's Day by Natasha Wing, we were inspired to make leprechaun traps with the hopes of catching a leprechaun (and a pot of gold) on St. Patrick's Day. 

Here are some pictures of the traps we made:






The leprechauns came last year.  They made our toilet water green, left green shamrock marks on our hands, left little green footprints on our plates, and even dropped a few pieces of gold, but we didn't catch them.  This year, we are working to make even better leprechaun traps.  Stay tuned, they will be ready soon. 

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

so cute! we are making our leprechaun trap this weekend :)

it is so much fun!

I LOVE last years traps they are so pretty

Susana said...

Now this is a super fun idea! At Hanna's preschool/5K they would do the toilet water and traps each year like this and the kids LOVED it!

Your trap is super--so colorful!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Those leprechauns are quite hard to catch, aren't they? I think my daughter would be really concerned if she had an evidence of "out of this world" activity in our house :)

Ticia said...

We'll be making traps this year too. So far the leprechauns turned our pancakes green. I don't know what they'll do next.

Jenny said...

Those are so cool! I think the thought of that would freak Abby out! LOL!

Natasha Wing said...

Glad you had fun with my book! I'm looking for photos of leprechaun traps to publish on my blog, so send me a jpg of the photo, along with a first name and state if you want that included, and I'll load it on my blog. Send to natashawing@suddenlink.net. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Fabulously Chaotic said...

Great Ideas. Following you from MBC.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! I love it!!

Jen said...

They turned out great! I hope that you will come over and share this post at my Leprechaun Linky party today! :)http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com/2010/03/leprechaun-linky-party.html
I'd love to check out the Night Before St. Patrick's Day- looks like a great literature link! Thanks!

Jen from Creative and Curious Kids!