Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shamrock Scrunch Art


Do you remember the post I wrote recently about the princess scrunch art?  R enjoyed that activity so much (and I loved the fine motor skills practice) that we decided to make our own scrunch art.  You can do this activity with any shape, and you could even use a coloring page of a favorite character for your background.  This is how we did it:

First, I cut a shamrock shape out of light green card stock.

Next, R covered the surface of the shamrock with a glue stick.


Then, I cut dark green tissue paper into strips and R scrunched them.


Finally, she stuck them on her shamrock.  We actually took turns sticking the scrunched up tissue paper on the shamrock.  I have found that when she gets bored with an activity that I want her to finish, she is more willing to finish if we take turns.  I'm happy with this solution!

There you have it, quick, easy, and inexpensive scrunch art.  I am looking forward to making scrunch art Easter eggs soon!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Too funny, I have some scrunchy art up on the blog today too! The shamrock looks great!

Anonymous said...

that turned out great i have green tissue paper too so the girls can make one after Froggi gets home from school!

Love that you took turns :) so cute!!!

She did a great job and it is such a your right about it being a great fine motor activity !! :)

Rebecca said...

Haha, love her face in the one pic :)

Annette W. said...

We take turns often too...I agree that doing some (yet still completing) is good. And sometimes even us grownups need a nudge to finish something!

Ticia said...

Oh my, the look on her face on that second to last picture is priceless.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We also use the same "collaborative approach" often. These shamrocks turned out very nicely, and R's face cracked me up.

Miller Moments said...

love it! so easy too.

Jenny said...

How fun! I need to get some tissue paper!

Susana said...

This turned out cute! I had been planning to get Jack to do an apple tree with tissue paper scrunching this week--he's doing the letter "Aa" this week:-).

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Love it!!! Looks like R really got into it! :-)