Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eggs


We had a lot of fun dyeing eggs this year.  This year was different because R was able to do more of the decorating.  C and R both enjoyed the whole process.  The eggs in the above photo were decorated by R, and the eggs in the photo below this paragraph were decorated by C.


Unfortunately, T was not the least bit interested; I guess that happens when you are almost a teenager.

We used this cool egg spin art contraption this year.  You put an egg inside, add a few drops of food coloring, and then pump the top.  The egg spins around and around (somehow, it doesn't break) and the dye is distributed all over the egg.  You can use as many colors as you want for different effects.  The kids had a blast with this!  (I don't know why, but they both closed their eyes while spinning!)


Look at R with tattoos on her arms and polish on her nails!  She was playing with the big girls next door!


Stamping and painting the eggs was fun too!


We put some of our eggs in tp roll flowers that C and R painted! 


We used two dozen eggs, and the kids would have happily painted at least a few dozen more!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

great centerpiece! :) your eggs turned out great! i bet they had so much fun :)

Amanda said...

We used the same egg spinner this year! I LOVED it! So clean! Your eggs look great!

Annette W. said...

The spinner looks fun...and clean!

Jen said...

The kid's eggs turned out great! I've never seen the egg spin art- cool. My girlies would love that.

We had fun dying eggs yesterday, too. We tried something different and dyed some of the eggs with onion peels- turned out very cool. I need to post my pics today!

Creative and Curious Kids!

Ticia said...

What cool finds you found. I've never seen the egg stampers before, or the egg spin art.

Ticia said...

Hey girl, I gave you the Easter basket award. I don't think you have it yet, and I totally get not having time to get it done.......

Susana said...

Your eggs are so cool! I love that spinner. I've never seen anything like that.

I love the set-up you have with the eggs and candy. It's so colorful and so fun. Looks yummy too:-).

I hope y'all are having a very fun day!

danita said...

wow! those are some high-tech eggs! we just do plain old paz egg dye! i love the bright colors!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

They are beautiful! I'm amazed the eggs didn't crack in the spin art thingy. Looks like they had so much fun with it! Love R's tattoos and nail polish... too cute!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Beautiful eggs. It looks like you had a great week leading to Easter and a great finish on Easter Sunday. I am jealous of spring clothes - we were back in jackets yesterday.