Sunday, April 25, 2010

Opening Day

Yesterday was opening day for baseball.  The sun was shining and we spent a good portion of the day at the baseball fields.

 C is playing for the Pirates.  He is very happy to be a pirate; ARGH matey!  He had a great first game.
 


T is playing for the Diamondbacks.  This is his last year of little league; I cannot even believe how old he is now.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of him catching (he did a great job!):

 
He pitched in this game too, but it was SO COLD and WINDY by the time he pitched that I just could not walk around the field to get good pictures.  My father was there taking pictures, so I decided I would just wait to get his pictures!


R was a great spectator and cheerleader all day long.  She is looking forward to next year when she will be old enough to play!  I love this picture of Kelly trying to get a lick of R's ice cream cone!  (Kelly was a great spectator too, of course!)

We are very excited for baseball season!   Play ball boys!

*My friend, Susana, has a great blog where she has been adding a song of the day to go along with her blog post.  I love this idea and wanted to do it today but the song I wanted, Centerfield by John Fogerty, had copyright issues on the playlist site.  Grrr...  Anyway, just pretend you can hear the music...  Oh, put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today; Put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today; Look at me, I can be centerfield. 

I really like this verse (pretend to turn the music up really loud now):   
Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it’s time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch ’em all - a moment in the sun;
(pop) it’s gone and you can tell that one goodbye!


Are you singing?  I hope so.  Oh, put me in, coach....

5 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a great kick off for baseball season! :)

Love the picture of kelly trying to eat the ice cream cone that is priceless :)

Hope they have a great and winning baseball season!

Ticia said...

Hmmm.... I haven't heard that song before, I got "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" stuck in my head.

Annette W. said...

Oh, yeah! I was singing! At least in my head!

Susana said...

You know I LOVE these pictures--LOVE them!!!!

You are awesome including the lyrics of the song.

R will be absolutely adorable in her uniform playing ball. Again, that picture of her and Kelly is priceless.

You got great pics of both of the boys in action too.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

What a fun day! And now that song is totally stuck in my head, but that's not a bad thing. ;-)