Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy

Ladybug Girl by David Soman and Jacky Davis is very popular in our house.  We have owned the first book for a while now, and both R and C were very excited to read Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy.  We like this book just as much, if not more, than the first book.  Ladybug Girl and her new pal, Bumblebee Boy, save the playground from danger while learning about compromise.

I couldn't resist making a special treat to celebrate this fun book.


To make the ladybug snack, attach a red grape and a strawberry with a toothpick.  Then push mini chocolate chips into the strawberry.  The bumblebee snack is slices of banana with chocolate hazelnut spread (nutella) between them.  So simple and yet so special!

10 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that book is lots of fun, it is so bright and colorful :)

LOVE those snacks super yummy youcan't go wrong with fruit and chocolate in my book :)

Allison said...

Wow--I might finally have to get some Nutella! I have heard such great things but have never tried it. This would be a perfect way! My boy has a special thing for Lady Bugs. :-)

Susana said...

These ladybugs snacks are over the top adorable!

LOVE them! I am making these sometimes soon here too--thanks!

Amy said...

Yum, Yum! Hooray for healthy snacking!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I have to look for this book, and I can only imagine how well those snacks would be received here. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Too cute AND yummy!

I can't believe we haven't read this book yet!!!

Jen said...

We haven't read that book- I bet my Kindergartner would like it. And Mom would like the treats to go with it-yummy!
My girls would have nutella for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I would let them.

Ticia said...

Yummy, I'd eat them all up before the kids got to see them.

Miller Moments said...

Yum! And so cute!

Brimful Curiosities said...

We haven't read this one yet! Your snack looks delicious.