Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Silent Governess


The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen gives the reader a glimpse into the life of a nineteenth century governess in an English manor house.  It is a book about a woman named Olivia Keene who is fleeing her own secret when she overhears the secret of another and finds herself in trouble.  She is forced to accept a post at Brightwell Court where Lord Bradley (the man with the secret) is able to watch over her and ensure that she does not tell his secret.  Lord Bradley struggles to ignore his growing attraction to Miss Keene and she tries to remember her role in the house.

Historical fiction is my favorite genre, and I was happy to read and review this book.  I truly enjoyed every sentence.  I stayed awake much too late many nights because I could not put this book down!  From the very beginning, I wanted Olivia to find happiness.  I felt her pain, her fear, and her affection throughout the book.

This book is very well written and I urge you to read it!  If you like historical/regency fiction, you will enjoy The Silent Governess!

*I was provided a free copy of The Silent Governess by Bethany House Publishing in exchange for this review.  My opinion, however, is completely honest and is an accurate representation of my true feelings!

2 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great review! this book sounds really good! I love finding and reading a book that you just can't stand to put down :)

Susana said...

One of these days--I mean years:-)--I am going to get my act together and read all the great books that you and Shannon do!