Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Swallow Your Bride

C and R love the song Lean on Me.  We have a Billy Jonas CD that is always on in the car and they have learned all of the words to Lean on Me from that CD.  Well, one day this week, C was singing the song while eating breakfast, and then he looked at me (completely serious) and said, "Mom, why would anyone swallow their bride?  I don't want to swallow my bride."  HA!  The correct lyrics are, "Please, Swallow Your Pride".

This reminds me of a song that T used to like to sing when he was younger.  The lyrics were "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" but T sang, "Shake it like a poto roy pig jar".  He insisted that his lyrics were correct and mine were wrong.  I guess that is because he had no idea what it meant to shake a Polaroid picture!

Kids say the craziest things!

7 comments:

Ticia said...

Nice! We've had a few lyrics like that. I used to do that with a few of the songs I sang as a kid.

Annette W. said...

Oh, the songs I sang...

The one that actually makes sense with the lyrics I sang was the song Heartache Tongiht. There's gonna be a heartache tonight, heartache tonight, I know...I sang PARTY instead of heartache. It worked!

There were many others, but that is the one I "defend."

Jenny said...

I'm LOL about the Polaroid picture thing!

I can't believe some of the songs we used to sing OUT LOUD and not get in trouble for. Did our parents not get the lyrics either?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Well, in the picture below it looks like someone is practicing how to swallow his bride :) Hilarious.

Amy said...

Our favorite is my kids would sing "Put another dime in the JUICE box baby", instead of Juke box of course. They would not beleive me that there was something in this world called a JUKE box. Juice box made so much more sense to them.

Unknown said...

What fun! I can't imagine swallowing the bride. Thanks for stopping by.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Hahahahahhaa!!! That is hysterical!

We had one with "La Isla Bonita" by Madonna....

"Last night I dreamt of spaghetti....."