Monday, May 24, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake


Yesterday, we celebrated the birthday of a special someone who prefers to remain anonymous.  I made strawberry shortcake and it was incredibly delicious.  Click here for the recipe I used.  If you decide to make it, read the reviews.  I followed the recommended variations.


Remember the birthday plate I received from CSN?  It looked pretty and worked wonderfully.  It spins and plays "Happy Birthday to You."  I love it.  We will be using it again soon because there is another birthday coming up in our house.

On another note, we recently learned that "Happy Birthday to You" was written by two women in Kentucky.  They originally wrote it as "Good Morning to You" for their Kindergarten students.  By the time we complete our Fifty States Project, I may be prepared for Jeopardy or, at least, Trivial Pursuit.

10 comments:

Elise said...

That cake looks so yummy. What a cute plate to have on hand to celebrate birthdays.

Annette W. said...

This looks so good! I made my jam...wow, was it sweet!

Ticia said...

And it's still copyrighted, so you can't sing it on TV without paying a copyright fee, hence why everyone gets "For he's a Jolly Good Fellow" sung to them on TV.
Totally going over to check out that recipe. It looks so good!

Laura said...

Wow, that looks delicious! I may have to make it.

I remember my Kindergarten teacher singing "Good Morning To You" every day to our class. Good memories. :o)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Nice cake! Some birthdays are coming up in our house as well :) Perhaps I'll try my hand at more advanced baking then :)

Jenny said...

What a delicious looking cake! I had no idea about the birthday song, neat!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh my goodness, you will be ready to take on Jeopardy for sure! Happy Birthday, mystery person (whoever you are).... Hee hee!

DairyQueen said...

Looks great!!

Jennifer said...

Strawberry Shortcake!! YUM!!!!

Jen said...

Oh my- I think I'd have to have a scoop of French Vanilla icecream to go with it. What a special birthday treat.

Have a great day!
Jen