Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Visit to C's Classroom


Recently, R and I visited C's Kindergarten classroom.  We had SO much fun, and now R is very excited about going to Kindergarten (she still has a whole year and a few months to wait though!).  I love C's school and, as I have said several times before, I adore his teacher too!  While I was there, I read Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms by Julia Rawlinson to the class.  Fletcher, a silly fox, thinks that the blossoms falling in the meadow are snowflakes and he runs to warn all of the animals that they have to prepare for snow.  After reading the book, I helped the children make their own trees with blossoms.

I painted one hand and arm brown for each child and then placed it on light blue paper.  To make the tree trunk wider, I rolled the child's arm on the paper.  The children used red and white paint mixed together to finger paint the blossoms.

This is the tree that R made:

Here is C's tree with blossoms and a little Fletcher the fox in the corner:

This is the second book project we have done with this book.  Our first book project was done just over a year ago and C and R drew their own trees and background, but still finger painted the blossoms.  To see the first one (it is very similar) click here.

I really love this book.  If you haven't read it, add it to your list of must read books!  We also love Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by the same author!

5 comments:

Susana said...

We like this book too, and Fletcher's Fall book as well.

This is a sweet craft! Glad you had fun in C's class too!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that's great that R got to go to C's class its good for them to see the school they will go to and get familiar with it.

Jenny said...

How cute, I just love the illustrations of those books!

Ticia said...

I love C's picture with Fletcher in the corner. That turned out so cute.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I always enjoy you talking positively about C's school experiences. I added this book to our reading list too. You know, Anna and R will become Kindergartners at the same time :)