Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Erie Canal



(
We just returned from a trip to upstate New York where we were thrilled to visit my sister (Auntie Karen) and brother-in-law (Uncle Mark). While there, we read and sang about the Erie Canal, and even fed the Erie Canal ducks.

My sister (the awesome elementary school librarian) borrowed the Erie Canal book from the library before we arrived! Isn't she wonderful?

In case you are wondering, we are still studying Maine. This trip just brought us back to learning about NY for a few days.

5 comments:

Susana said...

That's alot of ducks:-)! I love the books you guys find for your studies! I am hoping to use some of the good night books for our geography studies this year with Joe. Did you purchase all of yours? Our library does not have any of them.

Annette W. said...

I love how your kids learn as you travel. We're not much of travlers, but when we get the opportunity when the kids are older, I hope we do such a good job!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

wow so many ducks! how fun!

Goat Gal said...

How cool to go on such a relevant feild trip to a book. (Ok not sure that jumble of words makes sense. hope you can read my thought :))

Chic Mama said...

How fun! What a great way to get some hands on learning! We hope to do a lot of traveling with our kids as a part of our homeschooling in the future!