Friday, July 17, 2009

Open ended art - tissue paper

Photobucket



We are really enjoying the weekly open ended art projects hosted by Teaching My Little Bookworm. This week, the medium is tissue paper and it is perfect because our tissue paper drawer is overflowing with paper begging to be used. In case you didn't know, open ended art is art that is created without any direction or expected result. I supplied tissue paper, glue, and posterboard and let C and R do whatever they felt like doing.

C decided to cut his tissue paper and glue it onto the posterboard. Here is his finished product:

R worked on developing those hand muscles by tearing and crumpling the tissue paper and gluing it onto the posterboard. Here is her finished product:

C also decided to crumple up some tissue paper, place it in a glass jar, and add a flower made by him. He did this on his own and I was tickled pink when he presented it as a gift to me! I have no idea why he has a heavy winter sweatshirt on, it's eighty degrees!
To see the other tissue paper art projects visit Teaching My Little Bookworm by clicking here.

8 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww what a sweet boy making a gift for mom! My LO does that wants to wear a sundress and her winter fleece lined boots! go figure!

I loved both the tissue paper works of art! they did great! :)

Ticia said...

I so want to do the tissue paper art soon. Maybe I'll see if my sister in law can come over, she was an art major and might love to do something like that with the kids.

LitLass said...

They did great, and I love the unprompted flower!

Night Owl Mama said...

what creative children very nice gifts

Susana said...

His gift is precious!! I know it made your day:-). Your daughter's is so original. I love seeing what they come up with at different ages-so fun!!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Follow Me Club1. Great blog.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Aww, the flower project is so sweet. Obviously your kids persevered a lot longer than my daughter did. It's pretty amazing to see what they can come up with on their own.

Michelle Gibson said...

This is great - truly open ended! lol at the sweatshirt - my 4 yo had a turtleneck on the other day - said he was dressing nice for or walk. :-)