Monday, July 6, 2009

Philly Food

We ate some good food in Philly, but I cannot resist telling you about our favorite restaurant experience. El Vez is a Mexican restaurant on 13th & Sansom Street. The atmosphere was nice, the bathrooms were clean and decorated in a funky fashion, and the service was excellent. But, I would not be mentioning this restaurant at all if the food wasn't so incredibly delicious that I would jump back on an airplane just to eat there again! Everything we ordered was superb - fresh and delicious. The guacamole was the best I have ever had! If you find yourself in Philadelphia, go to El Vez; you won't regret it. I almost forgot to mention that there is a great gelato place across the street, so save room for dessert!

2 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

sounds good! I love Philly cheesesteaks have since i was a little girl! we are having some this week homemade not philly made :(

I love avocados!!! YUMMY!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Oh, I have been to the gelato place... I can't remember the name, but oh my goodness it was soooo good!! El Vez sounds fabulous! I'll be in Philly on Wednesday, since I'm scheduled to appear on the 10! show that day... I'll have to stop by and check it out, thanks! :-)