Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tot school

Tot School
R is 40 months old


Color mixing has been a highly requested activity around here lately. We had some leftover vanilla frosting from decorating our 4th of July cookies, so we mixed the frosting with food coloring, red + white + blue = purple.
R enjoys swimming lessons at the Y.

We are still working on developing R's hand muscles as a pre-writing skill and the spray bottle is a great way to do that. Here she is spraying watered down paint as a story extender for the book Old Black Fly by Jim Aylesworth. You can read more about that in this post.

This child sized mop is new and R enjoyed washing the floor. It's a great life lesson, and someone has to do it. This mop is on sale for $4.99 here.


We finally had some nice weather and enjoyed playground time. R is getting good at the balance beam.

R ran in her first road race with her big brother, C.

Puffy paint was a big hit this week.

Be sure to check out what other tot schoolers are doing at 1+1+1=1.

9 comments:

Susana said...

You guys had fun!! I see you made the puffy paint too:-), we enjoyed ours!! Love the sprayer bottle painting, my 4 year old would enjoy that one!

Love all that you did this week!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a great week! Love the mop how cute! i might have to do that i just shortened my swiffer but that little mop is better!

Denise said...

I like the puffy paint in the squeeze bottles! I need to go by some bottles.

Unknown said...

Good times!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love the mop - what a great idea. We also played with a squeeze bottle this week that you helped me find a few weeks ago. After initial "why?"s, it was a great hit. Happy learning!

Mandy said...

another reminder that i must get these kids a spray bottle!

RockerMom said...

I love, love the "spray paint". She's had such a productive week. Thanks for sharing!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

So many fun activities! Looks like a blast!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

You guys have been busy! That little mop is so cute. Emily loves to help me mop the floor too. I think she started sweeping with the broom as soon as she could walk. I figured, if she could walk, she could sweep! Lol ;-) I haven't tried the puffy paint yet, but it looks like a lot of fun!