Saturday, July 11, 2009

Puffy Paint

Photobucket


My bloggy friend, Shannon, is now hosting Open Ended Art Wednesday on her blog, Teaching My Little Bookworm. This past week the medium was puffy paint. We didn't get to it on Wednesday so I am a little late and could not link up to the post. We'll try to be on time with her next art project.

Here is how you make puffy paint:

Recipe:
1 cup of flour
1 cup of salt
1 cup of water

Mix thoroughly and pour into squeeze bottles (I used ketchup and mustard bottles and an empty Agave nectar bottle). I then added a few drops of liquid food coloring to each bottle; I used red, yellow, and blue. I shook the bottles (I considered letting the kids do this but I was afraid of what might happen if the lids came off) and handed the bottles to them to create art.

C and R really enjoyed squeezing the paint onto the foam core. We only used foam core because they wanted to create one large "work of art" together and we happened to have some foam core on hand. They used every drop of the paint and had a great time during the process! I love the way the paint dries and stays puffy; it really looks nice and it's fun to touch.Thanks for the inspiration, Shannon.

3 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww i love it! sorry it closed it was a glitch and i can't fix it mcklinky has to so sorry I'll add you somehow though! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Your puffy paint project looks like so much fun! It's great that your kids work so well together.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I can't believe that you did that indoors and on the table!!!
LOL

It totally looks like lots of fun though!