Thursday, July 23, 2009

Open ended art - yellow paint

While C was painting, he commented that the lumps of yellow paint looked like macaroni and cheese!
R did all of her painting for this project with a brush; I cannot believe she didn't finger paint! She loves to get messy with paint!
It is funny how different R and C are. She is content to just paint a little, while he insists upon covering every inch of his canvas.
My husband thinks it is strange that I keep all of our empty cereal boxes, but they provide a great canvas for open ended art!

Click here to visit my friend Shannon's blog and see the open ended art created by other children this week!

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I love that! i too keep empty boxes just for art work/ My LO does both sometimes its every inch is covered sometimes just a few big brush strokes! guess it depends on her mood!:)

I added you to the open art! have a great time!

Bran said...

I think it's great that you use the cereal boxes.

Susana said...

You guys did the same thing that we did!! Of course, I think it's great:-)!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Neat! I am curious - did you just hand out your kids cardboard and paint or did you talk to them about what they will do?

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I keep all the cereal boxes too, but we find so many ways to reuse them, and I haven't bought cardboard in like... forever!

Love their creations!

Ticia said...

Superman is the same way, he has to cover the whole page with paint.

Christy Killoran said...

Raising a Happy Child - I just gave them the cereal boxes, the paint, and some brushes. I didn't give any direction. They paint a lot and I don't usually tell them what to paint so it was pretty normal.

Little Nut Tree said...

I definitely keep cardboard boxes (and toilet rool and yoghurt pots and...) too. In fact we just had to get some baskets to store all this stuff in! It was overrunning the kitchen.

Liked the macaroni cheese comment. Your daughter is so pretty!

Michie said...

I like the idea of using the cereal boxes for canvas. I'd like to do the open ended projects...but I just know my daughter wouldn't be happy with only yellow paint. She'd want other colors too.