Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our First Road Race


C and R ran in their first road race on Saturday. The race for children ages 3 - 5 was 100 meters.


C is warming up for the big race.

The starting line. On your mark, get set, GO!


Here comes C.
You can do it R! Yay!
The finish line - woo hoo!

You may notice that I don't have a finish line photo of R. That is because the kids had to make a turn and when she got to the turning point, she ran off the road and into the crowd. Luckily, a friend of mine saw her crying and brought her to me.

Maybe a race for 3-5 year old children should just be a straight line.

5 comments:

Susana said...

Bless her heart! Both of them look adorable:-). Way to go!!

Annette W. said...

AWWW! Is the 5k next? In a straight line of course!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww how cute and sweet! :) they look like they had lots of fun! are you a runner??

yes the kids should be a straight line!!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I think it's great that they can participate in sports so early. I am sure Anna would have given up after the first 20 m - she only likes running in circles.

Anonymous said...

Oh this inspires me! I've recently discovered that Cate can run almost a mile without much stopping. I've been taking her to the park to run laps. I had not thought of a road race. She would love it.