Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Perfect Puppy for Me


One of the books we read this week is The Perfect Puppy for Me by Jane O'Connor and Jessie Hartland.

This book is very cute.  It's about a boy's search for the perfect dog.  He lists the pros and cons for a few different breeds, and in the end he gets a dog that is perfect for his family.  Our dog, Kelly, is a Bernese Mountain Dog and, unfortunately, her breed was not mentioned in this book.  My children love dogs though, so they were still thrilled with the book. 


After reading the book, C and R made their own dogs.  I found the dog printables at Danielle's Place.  Click here to print them.  The printables provide the dog's head, bottom with legs and tail, and four bones.  I printed them on card stock to make the pieces a little more durable.  C and R colored them, and then we cut out the pieces together.  For the body, we glued the pieces to toilet paper rolls.
 

For more book projects and story stretchers, visit stArt (story + art = a great start) at A Mommy's Adventures.

13 comments:

Stacy said...

Such cute doggies! They did a great job!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Their dogs turned out very cute - and I don't even like dogs! :)

Jennifer said...

My girls LOVE dogs! (We have 2 German Shepherds). This would be a great book for them! Thanks for the tip!

Playing by the book said...

I'm not a dog lover, but I can see this was a really fun craft for the kids to do!

sbswtp said...

What a cute project :)

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Glad to see the book is in more libraries than just ours. Very cute project!

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

Such a cute project. We daughter LOVES dogs, I can't wait to make this one. Thanks

Ticia said...

NOte to self, don't let my kids see this book. Jeff is determined we're not getting a dog yet......

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love the dogs you made. I admit that I am a cat person myself, but I would also go for a big dog if we had a place for it :) I always enjoy seeing pictures of Kelly on your blog.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Danielle's Place is such a great resource! Your dogs are super!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip on Daniel's Place. I love the dogs. What a great way to recycle.

Anonymous said...

Very cute project!

Charlene Juliani said...

I love Danielle's Place.....Great Puppies!

Stopping by from stART.