Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rain Art

We have had so much beautiful weather here (not complaining at all; I'm loving it) that I have seriously been waiting and waiting to do this activity.  When it started to rain a few days ago, I quickly gathered the materials (I was afraid it wouldn't last long) and put my kids to work.  I gave them watercolor pencils and some watercolor paper and they set to work creating their own art.

Then, I told them that we would go outside and let the rain help us create art by changing the drawings a bit.  C wanted no part of this and he quickly disappeared with his drawing.  R loved the idea, of course.

She stood out in the rain for a few minutes watching it fall on her drawing.  Then she used a paint brush to blend the colors with the rain water.
This is a fun way to create art.  We love the watercolor pencils too; ours are made by Alex and I recommend them for kids!  Stay tuned for another fun art project with watercolor pencils!

4 comments:

Ticia said...

I totally forgot I wanted to do that when it rained yesterday. Darn it.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thanks for the recommendation, and it looks like a very fun project too!

Sherry said...

rains every day here ... well for the pastt couple weeks anyways! I should try this project!

Michelle said...

I will have to try this!! What a fun Idea :0)