Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sid the Science Kid - Weather


We are studying weather this week, and so is Sid the Science Kid.  Honestly, this just happened to fall into place for me.  I love it when that happens.  I had planned a week of weather study and then I found out that Sid the Science Kid is all about weather this week too!  Hooray! 

This week, we will be following Sid's lead and making observations about:  rain, how sunblock works, temperature, and wind power.  To read about the experiments we will be conducting, click here.  We are also reading a few weather books.  Stay tuned for more details! 

3 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That's so cool when that kind of thing happens!

Ticia said...

That's always the best when that happens.

I've never been able to get into Sid for some reason, and thankfully my kids haven't either, unlike Diego.....

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I know I wrote a pretty critical post of Sid some time ago, but I have to "eat my words" on this one. Anna adores this show, and it's the only one she watches. We have all 41 episodes recorded, and she watches her favorites over and over again. Sometimes she asks to repeat Sid experiments directly after the show, but mostly she is just content to watch it. Her favorite part is Sid's big ideas :)