Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Noisemaker Craft for New Year's Eve

This noisemaker is so easy to make.  It only takes a few minutes.

First, I gave C and R clear plastic cups (we have quite the stash from hosting Christmas).


I told them to fill the cups a little more than halfway with bottle caps, buttons, and beads.  I wanted to add jingle bells too, but I have no idea where they are right now.


We decided the filler needed a little sparkle, or New Year's Eve bling, so we added sequins.


I hot glued plastic lids onto the top of the cups.  They are bigger than the cups; that is fine!


I knew we would forget which noisemaker belonged to which child (that would end up in an argument or two), so I pulled out the puffy paints and had them decorate the lids. 


I didn't have to tell them how to make noise though; they figured that part out on their own!

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to reuse things. These will be perfect for celebrating.

Sherri said...

That is a very pretty noise maker!

Anonymous said...

oohh how fun! I think we will have to make those today!

Ticia said...

They never do need to be told to make noise, do they?

Debbie said...

What a great idea. If only hubby and I could last long enough to ring in the New Year, this would be perfect for Selena. I know the day is coming when she is going to "have" to stay up on New Years!

Anonymous said...

Have a great evening! Happy New Year.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You are so creative in using up your Christmas leftovers :) Great pretty noisemakers for New Year's Eve. I admit I didn't tell Anna that you are supposed to make noise on New Year's Eve - she already makes more than enough noise as it is :)

MaryAnne said...

What pretty noisemakers!

Elise said...

What a festive way to bring in the New Year. The puff paint on the lid you pictured reminds me of a firework!

Happy New Year to you and your family.