Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Countdown


I made a simple paper chain, alternating red and green links, to count down the days until Christmas.  C will pull off the red links and R will pull off the green links.  Each link has a different activity on the inside.  Here is our list:
  1. Make paper bag gingerbread houses
  2. make candy cane suncatchers
  3. make Christmas popcorn (popcorn with red and green m&m candies)
  4. make reindeer sandwiches
  5. milk and cookies with Santa at the zoo
  6. make candy cane play dough
  7. make Christmas cards
  8. make ornaments
  9. have Christmas hot chocolate (Christmas marshmallows and a candy cane to stir)
  10. surprise someone with an act of kindness
  11. make ornaments for the birds and squirrels
  12. read Christmas books
  13. bundle up for a neighborhood walk to look at the lights (weather permitting)
  14. dinner with the Grinch at a local restaurant
  15. go out for a drive to look at the lights
  16. dance to Christmas music
  17. watch a Christmas movie
  18. family art day (paper tablecloth for all to color)
  19. go see The Nutcracker
  20. make reindeer sandwiches
  21. dinner with Santa at a local restaurant
  22. wrap presents
  23. bake cookies
  24. make reindeer food
  25. Merry Christmas!  Open presents

7 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Looks like a good list. We did something similar the last couple of years, but this year we're just leaving it open to do whatever we feel like, as the mood hits us.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You are so organized. I decided to leave my calendar open but we might try to follow activities here http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/advent_calendar_2010.htm. And our Christmas countdown is all about candy :)

Ticia said...

looks like a good list. I keep thinking about starting one of those, but I never keep up with them past hte first few days.

Anonymous said...

Fun list! I love paper chain countdowns too!

Jenny said...

Great list! I am putting together a post with our countdown plans right now!

Jennifer said...

What a great list!! We're doing something similiar this year too -- but without the paper chains. Although the paper chains remind me of my childhood!

Debbie said...

I use to do something similar with my older children. Forgot all about it until I read your post.