Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reindeer Food


I made this super cute reindeer sandwich this week.  Jenny from Our Nifty Notebook sent me a link to the reindeer sandwich posted on Be Different Act Normal, and I had to try it.  I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the sandwich and then used the crust to make the ears and antlers. 

Here is a picture of the reindeer sandwiches I usually make:


Speaking of reindeer, C and R performed the annual task of preparing food for Santa's reindeer this morning.  Our version of reindeer food is one cup of bird seed, one cup of oats, and a few shakes of colored sugar (we used red).  C and R will sprinkle it on the lawn on Christmas Eve as a special treat for the reindeer.  They will also leave carrots for the reindeer on Christmas Eve.


We are just about ready for Santa's arrival!  As a matter of fact, we had dinner with Santa last night and C and R let him know that he should plan to stop at our house.

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

You do so many cute snacks for your kids!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Sounds like fun - I'm sure the birds appreciate it, even if the Reindeer don't :)

Elle Belles Bows said...

So cute!! Love the idea of using the heart cookie cutter. I may try to make a reindeer sugar cookie with the heart cutter. Kerri

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Oh, Christmas must be so magical in your house! That reindeer snack looks great. I made your simpler version, but peanut butter was a showstopper here :)

Anonymous said...

Fun! My crew can't wait to sprinkle their reindeer food. I bet your snow is beautiful. We might get snow on Saturday...I'm hoping for a white Christmas. It would be the first in many, many years.