Friday, December 10, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I love lists.  Today, I feel the need to share my own list of favorite things just because it is Christmas time and I love everything about this season.  So, here is a list of some of my favorites just for fun:
  1. Christmas song:  Oh, Holy Night - I love this song so much that it often brings tears to my eyes.  My favorite version is by Josh Groban, but Celine Dion is a close second.
  2. Tradition:  Every year we buy frame ornaments with the year on them.  I love to look at how much the kids have grown through the years as we decorate the tree, and I love that our tree is full of the faces of the people I love most.  
  3. Gift to give:  I am not a very creative gift giver, but I really like to give framed photographs of my children because that seems to make everyone happy!
  4. Gift to receive:  I love pajamas, a robe, and slippers.  What does that say about me? 
  5. Christmas movie:  Miracle on 34th Street
  6. Christmas cartoon:  A Charlie Brown Christmas
  7. Christmas book for children:  The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg  
  8. Christmas dessert:  The past few years I have made this gingerbread trifle and I love it.
  9. Christmas cookie:  These molasses cookies.  Yum.  I know cookies are a dessert, but they deserve their own spot on the list.
  10. Ornament:  I don't have any fancy ornaments, do you?  My favorite ornaments are the ornaments my children have made over the years. There isn't one that stands out; I love all of them.
What are your favorite Christmas time things?  Cut and paste and post your list, or make up your own categories for a post, or just leave me a comment!

Here are some random tree decorating photos because I don't like to write posts without photos!


Make note of the person in the background of this photo of T.  I won't say who he is because he prefers to remain anonymous, but I think you can figure it out for yourself!  Ha ha ha ha ha!

 Don't you love this face?

Sorry about the fuzziness of this picture, but I love the way kids have to cover their cookies with as much sugar as possible to make them just right!

12 comments:

phasejumper said...

I love lists, too! Thanks for this, I'll be linking to you and posting my answers in a day or two!

Sherri said...

I love your list..you sound a lot like me!
We love santa hats too...my family is growing...and so is our number of santa hats!
It is fun to see the BIG broth
er. You have a house full of good looking kids! =)

Debbie said...

I love this post. I am a pajama, slipper and robe person too. They are just so warm and cuddly, that is the type person we are! I will shoot for Sunday to do a post to link up with. Thank you for sharing.

Ticia said...

I'm with you on posts without pictures.

And I love Charlie Brown Christmas special as well, it's such a great one.

My favorite movie all time Christmas movie is "Muppet Christmas Carol," but "The Christmas Card" is sneaking it's way up there too.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Does Mr. Anonymous know he made it into a photo? Very funny. But, fun to get a peak at the Man behind the scenes.

I love your list! We could so do coffee - if it weren't for the distance, of course.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wonderful post with great pictures! I am not sure I will have my own post anytime soon, but one major thing that I love about this time of the year is company shutdown. 2 weeks at home - yippee!

MaryAnne said...

Great list! I share many of your favorites, and I need to try out that dessert!

We have two neat stained glass ornaments on our tree from Mike's grandparents. We always make sure they are too high up for the kids to reach! Otherwise, our ornaments are nearly all handmade, and I like it that way =)

I love the Santa hat faces =)

Jenny said...

Great list! I like to get Pajamas too! I like towels the most.

LOL about Mr. Anonymous making a little appearance!

Miller Moments said...

Love this list and had to join in on the fun!

http://moremillers.blogspot.com/2010/12/favorite-things-at-christmas-time.html

Joyful Learner said...

I've been collecting photo ornaments as well. They are fun to look back on! Christmas music is tops on my list too! Great photos of the kids and the anonymous person. :)

Anonymous said...

This would make a fun "play along post". My favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. My favorite Christmas dessert is this rocky road fudge my grandmother made every year. We're making some soon!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

A rare "Mr Anonymous" sighting!!! :-) Great photos and what a fun list of holiday favorites. I couldn't agree more with the robe, slippers, and pajamas -- it's as if you've read my wish list. :-)