Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Few Christmas Photos

This post is mostly for me because these are things I want to remember in the future.  I love the stories behind gifts.

R really wanted a harp for Christmas.  Originally, she wanted one she saw in a catalog - it was a full size harp for a child and came with a stool, but it was over $200 and R does not play the harp so we thought this was a much better idea.  She was thrilled to open this from Papa and Grandma. 


There was a present wrapped in netting and decorated with fake poinsettia leaves.  R loves to be fancy so this became a great accessory for her outfit.




C and R both got Pillow Pets for Christmas.  Pillow Pets are all the rage around here right now.

A while ago, I wrote about R's favorite doll, Sally.  This dress and tiara match that doll.  R loves dress up play more than anything else.  The doll is really called Princess Seraphina and she is made by Manhattan Toy; R named her "Sally" and she sleeps with her every night.  This dress up outfit is made by the same company.  The shoes and shawl are Play Wonder from Target, but I thought they looked great with the outfit and I knew she would go crazy for them!


C has wanted a marble run for a long time, and he was very happy to receive one for Christmas.  Funny story:  when my husband mentioned to a client that C was getting a marble run, the woman said, "Have fun putting that together".  What she didn't realize is that most of the fun for C is putting it together.  He has already spent hours creating different marble runs, some from the book and some he designed on his own.  He is very mathematical and logical, so the marble run is perfect for him.  This is the Quadrilla Marble Railway.

That football is chocolate, well, it WAS chocolate.  It didn't last long.
 
 

Santa was good to Kelly too.
 
Here is one of my resolutions for the new year - hand over the camera once in a while!  I have over 200 Christmas photos and I am not in one of them.  
 

12 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

What great gifts (& cute kids!)
Here's an award for you: http://shareandremember.blogspot.com/2010/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

I'm a fairly new reader but see your posts through Teach Preschool.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those presents would have all been big hits here, too - especially the dress! I love the marble run, it looks like it would be great fun to put together.

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas I love all of the presents!

Joyful Learner said...

The only thing JC asked for was a pillow pet and I found out my niece and nephew got them too! She loves it so much!

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness, could R be any cuter? Can I borrow her for a day? I loved her harp gift. I always wanted one of those mini harps when I was a kid too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Brimful Curiosities said...

The kids' music together plays an autoharp and they like helping her push the buttons to change the chords. I wish they weren't so expensive because I'd actually love one myself! Dress-up clothes are a favorite here, too. Looks like you had a great Christmas!

My husband took our Christmas photos this year so I, for once, do appear in a picture! I didn't even realize he took it.

Jenny said...

Great pictures! Those marble runs are so cool!

I'm with you about the camera. There are hardly any pics of me.

Ticia said...

I hand over my camera but Jeff just looks at me like "What am I supposed to do with that?"

Oh well.

Looks like a wonderful Christmas.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Awesome presents. I had a harp like this when I was a child, and it's about the only instrument I could ever play. The marble run looks like a lot of fun too.

What I Did Today said...

Looks like your kids had a great Christmas! Yay! Your daughter is gorgeous. Ash got a pillow pet, from her aunt, too, but is a bit too young to realize how lucky she is!

danita said...

nice! my guys got pillow pets too and they were the biggest hit! well, that and the box one of the princess's toys came in that the pea made into a toy shop!

Susana said...

I was wondering if C is still liking his marble run? I want to get one for Joe possibly for Christmas and they have one very similar to C's in a boutique up the street. Just thought I'd ask before we bought one. It looks awesome!