Sunday, September 6, 2009

Simply Made Sunday - Tub Paint

Photobucket


This is an old post that I edited for Simply Made Sunday. The tub paint recipe is very mild, and once in a while it is a big help when the prospect of taking a bath is not so appealing to C and R. They are always willing to help make tub paint.

First, you mix 1 cup of baby shampoo with 5 TBSP of corn starch. Then separate that mixture into plastic cups (one cup for each color) and add food coloring until you have the color you want. I have no idea where this recipe came from but we have been using it for a few years now.


Next, get in the tub and paint! C and R used paint brushes, but you could also use shaped sponges and stamp different shapes on the tub walls.

R chose purple and C chose red. When they finished painting, they each dumped the rest of their mixture into the tub and created colorful bubble baths.

Surprisingly, this cleans up easily. You can also use this as a great color mixing activity.

Be sure to check out the other recipes at Simply Made Sunday.


12 comments:

Homeschool Friend said...

I have never heard of this before! THANK YOU for sharing!

Ticia said...

What a fabulous idea

Susana said...

Christy, I LOVE this! This is fun, I want to do this one!!

teachmama said...

wow! I want to try this and have never heard of such an easy recipe--thanks!!!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I'm sure Emily is going to want to do this! What a great idea! She has bath tub crayons, but paints would be even more fun!

Sherry said...

FUN! I wanna try this!

Andrea said...

How fun and easy! Truly SIMPLE! Love it!

Michelle said...

I really want to try this!

Jenny said...

How fun! I used to buy the color bath fizzy things, but they are expensive. Plus, I hated the yellow ones, it looked like pee. LOL!

Mama Jenn said...

Oh, this looks like fun!!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we love tub paint! it leaves your bath sparkly clean!

kw said...

I saw the picture of the paint in the tub before I read the post, and said, "What in the world happened?!" thinking it was some bloody scene. Thanks for the recipe! This is going to save me from spending tons of money on Crayola bath crayons. To answer your question, I got Little Snail's whale dress from Gymboree. Can't remember what year though....