Saturday, September 5, 2009

Four Generations


Last weekend, we celebrated Tom's grandparents' sixtieth wedding anniversary. They are very special people and I am honored to be a part of their family.

The people in this photo span four generations. Gram and Gramps have four daughters, the daughters gave Gram and Gramps eight grandsons, and so far those grandsons (my husband being one) have added three great-grandsons and one great-granddaughter to the family. R was the first girl born into the family in forty-eight years.

There are not too many people today who are lucky enough to survive sixty years of marriage. I think it is pretty amazing.

6 comments:

Susana said...

This is very nice picture--a nice looking family too.

That's amazing that R is the first girl in 48 years!

I'm glad your family had a nice time too.

Lynn said...

Beautiful photo! You look a bit like the Kennedy's ;)

Our Little Family said...

What an amazing picture AND tribute! I can't believe that she was the first girl to be born in 48 years!! Wow!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Nice picture! It's amazing to be a part of such a big family that is still so close. My grandparents on my father side were from big families, but, unfortunately, my father was not especially big on staying in touch, and now our generation is scattered all over the world :(

teachmama said...

oh my goodness!! 60 years is certainly a ton of reasons to celebrate!! Wow--sounds like an awesome time!

Ticia said...

Wow, I'm amazed that it's been that long since there was a girl.

Love the family picture.