Monday, September 14, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Apples

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

The theme for Muffin Tin Monday this week is apples. I was not very creative this week, but I was very pleased with the results. C told me he was not eating any apples, but once he saw the muffin pan, he happily ate every bite and asked for more!

Our muffin pans had three varieties of apples (Macoun, Golden Delicious, and Gala) and three sauces for dipping (peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate).



The Flat Stanley siblings were happy to be invited to Muffin Tin Monday.


I thought it would be fun to incorporate an art project into MTM this week. Apple prints sounded fun and simple. Well......

Look at his face. C pressed the apple into paint and got a little on his hand. Well, that was the end of that. He was not going to do this and there was nothing I could say to change his mind.

While I was busy with C, R started eating her apple half. Then she pressed it into the paint and we got this:

I felt the need to actually have some apple prints, so I made these:

After everyone cleaned up, we read I Am an Apple by Jean Marzollo.


Finally, C and R helped me make Apple Pecan muffins using this Ellie Krieger recipe. This is one of my favorite muffin recipes and it is relatively healthy, as far as muffins go anyway.



To see more muffin tins, visit Her Cup Overfloweth.

14 comments:

Susana said...

Your prints look great:-).

R is hilarious making her prints--great picture.

The picture of the two of them making the muffins is sooooo sweet!

The muffins look absolutely delicious too.

It looks like y'all had a really fun time with this Muffin Tin Monday!

Our Little Family said...

What a great MTM! I love the dipping sauces; I tried caramel but Maddie wasn't interested. Maybe I should've tried chocolate! :)

And, I think your apple prints turned out great. :) We're going to attempt some today. We tried about a year ago and it was a, well, disaster. Ha!

Moore Minutes said...

Great idea to use different variety of apple types and those muffins looks yummy!

monica said...

What a great thing witht he dipping sauces. Great that they ate it all!! The painting with apples is a cute idea also!!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

LOL! My kids made "apple prints" this week at school and they ended up just using them as a paint brush instead!

love the apples and dip MTM! looks yummy!

Bran said...

Those apple pecan muffin look really really good!

Unknown said...

Those apples came out great!!!

Mariah@Giggles Galore said...

Oohh, the muffin recipe sounds yummy I think we will have to give that a try.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I liked the part about apple prints best. It looks like you managed to combine a lot of apple things together quite successfully.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

what great ideas all around! your kids r so funny. made me laugh!

Sherry said...

Love the apple prints! You are so darn creative!

Bobbi & Noe said...

Thank you! We are doing A's this week. I'm going to make those apple muffins. YUM!

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Mmm, thanks for sharing the link to those muffins, they look great!

Chasing the Goose said...

I like the themed lessons you did with your theme. The dipping tray was great!