Friday, September 11, 2009

A Centerpiece in the Making

A few months ago I wrote a post about window markers and crayons. They are fun, but sometimes I don't want the windows decorated. Well, we recently received some flowers in a glass vase and that vase was screaming out to be decorated.


C and R filled the vase with seashells and it is a great centerpiece for our kitchen table.

If you are still looking for the perfect gift for Grandparents' Day, I think this might be a winner. Not for our grandparents though; they read my blog!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea :) I will have to try this one....the window decorating makes me nervous

Susana said...

This is the best! We have these markers too--never in a million years would I have thought of such a great idea!

Thanks for sharing this one. I really, really like it!

The Activity Mom said...

yes, this is a great idea!

Michelle said...

Great Idea, I am afraid to use the window markers on my windows and doors. This is a great alternative :0)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What an awesome idea! We got window markers as part of Crayola giveaway, and my husband wanted sorely to try them out, but not on windows. Flower vase decoration sounds perfect.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great idea I even have 2 clear vases I wonder if permenant markers or paint would work too I don't have window markers and haven't seen them in any of our stores? :(

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

We did this on flower vases and it was a big hit with Emily. So much fun! The window crayons are so fabulous! She loved using them on the bathroom mirror too. Afterwards, you can wash off the crayon and decorate it again!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

CUTE! Now I wish I had some LOL
I was at idea today and saw the vases and thought of you ha!

momandkiddo said...

What a good gift idea!