Monday, September 7, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Pirates and Princesses

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

There is no theme for Muffin Tin Monday this week, so I gave C a pirate themed lunch and R a princess themed lunch.

Here is C's lunch:
Our muffin pan was transformed into a pirate ship this week. On the top left there is a pirate walking the plank (fruit leather), there are wooden legs (pretzels) in the top middle, and crackers for Polly in the top right. On the bottom left there is a Jolly Roger grilled cheese sandwich (I cut it freehand so it's not perfect), the bottom middle cup is filled with emeralds (peas), and the bottom right cup has rubies (strawberries) and sapphires (blueberries). Before beginning his journey to Alaska, Flat Stanley donned a pirate hat and joined us for lunch. Stanley had to leave a few days ago so Muffin Tin Monday happened last Wednesday!

C was very happy with his pirate lunch.

I found this heart shaped muffin pan at Target and knew it would be perfect for R's princess lunch.

In the top left heart she had princess raisins (no creativity there), the middle heart is filled with peas because the true test of a princess is whether she can feel a pea under her mattress, and the top right heart has magic wands (pretzels). There is a grilled cheese sandwich that I intended to be a crown, but I think it looks more like a castle. It works either way, so use your imagination! The final heart is filled with rubies (strawberries) and sapphires (blueberries).

R was happy to eat every princess bite!

Visit Michelle at Her Cup Overfloweth to see more muffin tins and learn more about Muffin Tin Monday.

17 comments:

Christina said...

Great tins! Super cute.

Susana said...

This is all very creative:-).

My favorites are the fruit leather plank and crown sandwich!

danita said...

Sooo cute! I don't know how you come up with all of your stuff!

The Activity Mom said...

Great job! What creative things to go with each theme. They look happy. =)

Andrea said...

WHat fun tins! Love the creativity, as you can tell we took the easy way out this week! ;)

Miller Moments said...

I LOVE your Muffin Tins this week. So fun and creative!

Chasing the Goose said...

I saw a whole bunch of pirate themed stuff at the dollar store now I know what I can do with it! Great tim and very creative!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very creative! I liked your kids expressions as they were eating their muffin tin lunch :)

Moore Minutes said...

You are such a GOOD mom!! What lucky kids you have. This looks super fun.

Michelle said...

So cute...I love their special themed lunches!

Sherry said...

cute pirate ship tin! Good idea!

Lynn said...

Cute! I have to do muffin tin Monday again. my son loved it, but we kept eating the same foods, so it felt funny to repackage them as a different theme each week. His diet is a little bit more varied now, so we should play along again.

Our Little Family said...

My goodness, that is THE cutest thing ever!! Maddie would most definitely love a princess-themed MTM. I love, love, love it!

Bobbi & Noe said...

Cute and creative as always!!!

The Oldroyd's said...

Darling idea. I love it.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

every monday i say i need to do this and never do i need to just do it this coming monday! :)

Christie said...

I just found your blog and I am SOO glad I did! What a cute and creative idea! I'll have to try it out with my son. Thanks for sharing it!