Sunday, September 13, 2009

Simply Made Sunday - Pinkalicious

Photobucket

Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann is one of R's favorite books. She is also a fan of Purplicious and Goldilicious by the same authors. This week we decided to make Pinkalicious cupcakes for Simply Made Sunday.



R mixed a few drops of neon pink food coloring into our cupcake batter. We used a yellow cake box mix for these.

We even used store bought frosting, nothing from scratch here this week. The frosting we bought was already pink so that made things even easier.


The frosting even came with sprinkles! R was thrilled.

It may not be from scratch, but R was tickled pink (hee hee) with the results.

After enjoying a pink cupcake, we snuggled up and read Pinkalicious.

Now, head on over to Our Homeschool Fun to see what other people made this week!

11 comments:

dana said...

yum!

Growing and Learning By Leaps and Bounds said...

what fun did she turn into Pinkerbella :) we made those for Gidgets 3rd bday!

those are great great books!

Susana said...

These are adorable, and so is she making them!

I haven't gotten to enjoy this book because Hanna is too old for it, but it looks like so much fun I think I am going to check it out just to read it:-). I see so many R's age reading it!

momandkiddo said...

I haven't seen it, but maybe Pinkalicious the Musical will tour to a nearby city. http://pinkaliciousthemusical.com/

Laura said...

I just love how you do crafts (or baking) to go along with books, very creative! We love the "Alicious" series in our house too. :o)

Nadia said...

ooh those look really really yummy!!

LitLass said...

R did a great job! That cupcake looks yummy, especially with the sprinkles.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I am relieved that I am not the only one who doesn't always do things from scratch. Those cupcakes look very delicious.

Our Little Family said...

Oh yum!! I have a serious weakness for cupcakes. Maddie and my favorite kind is anything in the Funfetti family! :)

I love them! And, we love that book!!

Christie said...

How adorable! The kids in my class love the "alicious" books too...I wish we could bake up some cupcakes to go along with them, yours look so yummy! =)

Jenny said...

I want to dress up like Pinkalicious for Halloween! That book is so cute.