Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Bat Pumpkin and a Story

C had to make a pumpkin pal to bring into school. He, of course, decided to turn his pumpkin into a vampire bat. We cut the wings out of craft foam and hot glued them onto the back of the pumpkin after the black paint dried. Then we hot glued the googly eyes and candy corn fangs. The fangs were 100% his idea, and I think they really make the pumpkin perfect!


C also dictated a story about his bat pumpkin. Here it is, unedited:
"Once upon a time there was a haunted house and in there was a bat. It could turn into a vampire. There was a witch with a broomstick and the witch had a magic cauldron. Sometimes the bat went over to it and drank some. The haunted house could turn into a monster. The End."

11 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I love the bat pumpkin!!!

Susana said...

The pumpkin bat is super--I LOVE the fangs.

His story is adorable. I love hearing unedited "kid" stories:-)!

I LOVE this!

Ticia said...

Isn't it funny how kid stories always start off: Once upon a time.

Jenny said...

That is the cutest pumpkin! I love his idea of using candy corn for the fangs.

Cute story too!

Denise said...

Cute pumpkin and great story!

Cindy said...

This pumpkin is so cute. And of course so is the kid. My boys each painted a pumpkin black and we are going to make these. So cool.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

that pumpkin bat is awesome!

So was his story. :)

We've been getting S into telling his own storied & they are all about googy monsters, candy & chocolate icecream....lol

Lynn said...

The candy corn is brilliant! If it were my bat, he'd be toothless by the time he got to school. Yummy. ;) Loved his story too. Think you have a future writer on your hands?

Lynn said...

The candy corn is brilliant! If it were my bat, he'd be toothless by the time he got to school. Yummy. ;) Loved his story too. Think you have a future writer on your hands?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so creative - both the pumpkin and the story. Love it.

Mama King said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thanks for telling me about this. So cute! I love the teeth the best!