Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Open Ended Art - Fall Colors Suncatcher


We participated in open ended art this week and the theme is fall colors. I taped contact paper to our sliding glass door and let C and R create a design using red, orange, and yellow tissue paper. Kelly, our Bernese Mountain Dog, decided to participate in open ended art this week and she added some fur to the collage. Her fur isn't a fall color, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that.

Do you want to guess what C is going to be for Halloween? I'm just hoping the costume makes it to that date.

The final product by C, R, and Kelly:


When the sun shines through, our kitchen is filled with beautiful fall colors.

If you would like to see more open ended art projects, visit Growing and Learning by Leaps and Bounds.

14 comments:

Susana said...

This turned our really pretty.

They did a great job! It looks super on your door too.

Susana said...

I meant to say but forgot....I can't see the fur, but I know it adds to the character of the collage:-).

We sometimes get a little cat hair in our projects--just lovely!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very pretty - you always have such great ideas for open-ended art projects. Thanks for sharing!

momandkiddo said...

I keep seeing these beautiful contact paper collages and I think you have finally motivated me to do one... I love that it can be simple and beautiful.

Zonnah said...

I really need to make a suncatcher :) This one is really cute.

Jenny said...

LOL about the dog hair! That turned out so pretty!

Amy said...

We always fight dog hair here at our house (black, too) and I have just taught the kids it makes their artwork unique. I love how bright and colorful this is. I really am going to have to try using contact paper as an art medium one of these days.

growing and learning by leaps and bounds said...

great fall contact paper collage I need to have the girls make one!

Every time we do anything with contact paper dog fur gets on it! :)

I don't see it though!

The girl who painted trees said...

It looks very pretty. I love suncatchers.

Nadia said...

this looks pretty :)

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Haha! I love how even the dog got involved with this one! What a pretty suncatcher project. I absolutely love fall colors (almost my entire wardrobe consists of them). I can just imagine how warm and inviting your kitchen must look!

Debbie said...

I love this idea! It turned out very cute and I bet you are all enjoying the Autumn colors when the sun shines through your window!

Bran said...

I love that C was wearing his costume while doing art!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

So pretty and fun!