Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A letter to the bus driver


C decided to write (dictate) a letter to his bus driver. I had to share this with you:

Dear Mr. D,

I like riding on the bus. Thank you for bringing me to school. Thank you for bringing me home.

Skeleton bones,
Spiders eat you up,
Ghosts and monsters on the bus,
Mummies growl,
Lollipops sing,
Pumpkins' scary faces,
Witch hats brew.

Love, C

I think it is the best letter ever written! Okay, maybe I'm a bit biased, but I do love the poem!

(The photo is from C's first day of Kindergarten)

15 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is adorable!!! maybe he will be a poet!:) are you keeping a copy for yourself

Sherry said...

thats soo cute & sweet!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is really creative. Positively something to keep for memories. C is such a fun boy!

teachmama said...

love it. thanks for sharing!!

Susana said...

Oh, this is terrific. His poem is awesome!!

I LOVE IT!

Annette W. said...

Too cute! I bet the bus driver loves it!

Sherry Gann said...

That should make Mr. D's month! :)

Adriana said...

That is so sweet! I bet the bus driver really appreciated it.

Cindy said...

It is so neat how kids notice the importance of everyone in their lives. Most adults wouldn't give their bus driver any attention. Kids are so great.

Mama King said...

how sweet! i bet his bus driver loved it! i esp. like his halloween poem.

Ticia said...

He has a nice rythym to his poem. Very good for his age. I certainly couldn't write one that good.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Awww... That's awesome! What a thoughtful note to his bus driver. Emily wanted to write a letter to the mailman this afternoon... I think it's a great idea!

Miller Moments said...

Aaaah! So cute!

Katie said...

That's so sweet!

maryanne said...

What a fantastic poem, and how cute that he wrote it for the bus driver!