Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Art


C, R, and I had a lot of fun painting pumpkins. I invited T to join us, but his response was, "Do I have to?" He is twelve. Enough said.

Here are some photos of us creating pumpkin art:




This is the pumpkin I painted:
A cloud on one side, the sun on the other, with a rainbow in the middle. My husband asked me if I was in third grade. Third graders have much more artistic ability than I do. I was just trying to paint something the kids would like.

This is one of C's favorite creations:
Here is one of R's favorite creations:
Do you paint or carve your Halloween pumpkins?

9 comments:

danita said...

i like your pumpkin!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Your twelve year old missed out on some great fun!

In response to your husband..... I don't see HIS painted pumpkin anywhere, now do I??? Well, where is it? Huh? Huh??? ;-)

Great job! And I love that you joined in on the fun with them. :-D

Susana said...

Awesome post!

Love your pumpkin:-). Always nice to see pictures of us "moms" too!

The kids did a great job on their pumpkins too.

We carve ours, and paint small ones as well. You'll see them next week:-). We always do it the Sunday or Monday before Halloween.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

LOVE those pumpkins great job!!!!

Our Little Family said...

I love them!! This is such a great idea and I think we'll have to try it. Maddie HATES messes, so I was wondering how pumpkin carving was going to go. This is a great, festive alternative!

By the way, I cracked up about the third grade comment. Maddie was looking at the pictures with me and when she saw yours, she said, "Pretty rainbow!!" So, it tickled this two year old. Mission accomplished. :)

Denise said...

How fun! I think your pumpkin looks great!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I think that all your pumpkins look great. Did you use tempera paint or acryllic for it? We have pumpkin family outside, and I was thinking of painting them too - it looks like so much fun.

Jenny said...

We've never painted pumpkins before, but we should try it sometime.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love your pumpkin! They all look great. I think it almost looks like more fun painting them... we've always carved them, but I may have to paint at least one this year!